Pilates in Tattenhall, Cheshire
Wendy offers mat-based Pilates classes at The Barbour Institute in Tattenhall for general health and wellbeing. Pilates exercises aim to help improve posture, core stability, balance, coordination and flexibility. You’ll need to bring an exercise mat for floor-based exercises as well as a cushion or Pilates head blocks and 1.8m resistance band or equivalent (e.g flexible, strong scarf, thick 60 dernier tights). Chairs are available as a support to help you to the floor if needed. Adults of all ages and fitness levels are welcome.
If you prefer individual Pilates lessons, these are available too. If you’d like to book a postural assessment/ one-to-one session or just find out more, please get in touch and Wendy will give you a call. Home visits are also possible if you are unable to travel to Tattenhall.
FIRST GROUP CLASS FREE FOR NEWCOMERS – BOOKING ESSENTIAL
Classes are in blocks of 4 weeks. The next block starts on Tuesday 31 May and Thursday 2 June 2022.
Venue: Main Hall, The Barbour Institute, Tattenhall, Cheshire CH3 9PX
12.45-13.45 Gentle/Beginners Pilates
17.30-18.30 Improvers Pilates
Please get in touch first to ensure there is space, then return the booking form below. Once I’ve received your booking form, I can confirm your place, thanks. All payments are by on-line banking. Bank details will be provided. Many thanks.
FREE- First Group Pilates class for all newcomers
£26 for 2 classes in the block
£30 for 3 classes in the block
£36 for 4 classes in the block
£44 for 4 classes in 8 weeks. Add on classes are £11 each.
You are always encouraged to work within your safe limits and exercises can be adapted when necessary. We’d love to hear from you. For more information please get in touch.
Mat Pilates Classes
Wendy offers Modern Pilates sessions which are accessible for all. Modern Pilates is designed by physiotherapists and includes exercises to improve functional movement in daily life as well as traditional Pilates floor-based exercises.
What happens in a class?
There will be exercises to develop core stability, balance and coordination, breathing, muscle tone and bone strength (to reduce the risk of osteoporosis). We’ll also be mobilising joints, stretching and lengthening muscles and there will be a short relaxation at the end of the class.
Gentle Pilates: Exercises are very slow, gentle and controlled with the aim of improving body awareness, natural strength and ease of movement in daily life. There is an emphasis on developing postural stability and flexibility in daily activities to help us age well. Classes include exercises in standing as well as lying on your front, back and sides. These classes offer foundation level exercises and are suitable for complete beginners and people preferring a slower pace.
Improvers Pilates: The pace is faster than the Gentle Pilates classes and exercises are progressive building to higher levels over time. Classes include exercises in standing, sitting, kneeling lying on your front back and sides, on all fours and in lunge and squat position.
What do I need? Please bring a Yoga/ Pilates Mat, a cushion, a small towel to use as a thin head support and long resistance band/ scarf/ tie or pair of thick tights. If you have Pilates head blocks, these are even better. These are ideally 2.5cm deep x 30cm long x 20.5cm wide. Three blocks will be needed for side lying exercises.
The main hall is a very large space and the maximum class size is 12 people. Even though Covid regulations have been officially relaxed there is a very high incidence of Covid-19 at the moment so please:
1) Only join the class if you do not have Covid symptoms. I would add, please avoid classes if you feel unwell in any way at all, including having a cough, cold, tummy bug or flu symptoms.
2) Please make an informed decision whether it is appropriate for you to attend the classes. If you are not double vaccinated there is an increased risk of you catching Covid and passing it on to other people. If you are not double jabbed or have been double jabbed and live with some-one at risk of serious illness from Covid, please consider if you wish to attend. You can be carrying Covid-19 and have no symptoms.
3) Please do not take part in the classes if you feel that you need to self-isolate e.g. if you have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid-19.
4) Hand sanitiser and face masks are available as you come into the hall (on the stage) if you would like to take extra Covid-19 precautions.
5) Please bring your own equipment. I do have some equipment you can purchase including thin head blocks (£2.50) if anyone would like to buy them. Please also bring a long resistance band or thick pair of tights or a tie, a cushion and a thin head support eg thin towel to fold. We need the tights for leg stretches, the cushion for side lying exercises and the thin head support for front lying exercises.
One-to-one Pilates lessons & Postural Assessments
Cost: First Pilates lesson: £60 (1 hour)
Initial session including postural assessment £70 ( 1 hour 30 minutes)
Subsequent Pilates lessons
Pay as you go- £55 (1 hour)
Pay for a block: £150 (3 x 1 hour lessons at £50 per hour to be used within 6 weeks)
Booking & Payment: All payment to be made by online banking 48 hours prior to the first session. Please get in touch to book.